Hi stranger, it’s been a while… 4 months to be exact. I’ve given the blog a facelift and thought a life update post was due to accessorize the new look. But this is also a checkpoint for myself, to see where life is at the moment:
- January – May 2012 was a lot of hard work; average 4 hours of sleep, 2 jobs and keeping up with school.
- The hard work paid off and I graduated May 12, 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in public relations and marketing communications!
- I celebrated my 21st birthday. Note to self: I might not remember the night too well, but don’t forget I really loved the dresses I wore.
- I accepted an awesome marketing job with a great company, who flew me on a private plane to Montreal on my first day (surreal). I’m thrilled to be starting my career.
- I’ve met really interesting and inspiring people and hope to keep this trend going.
- I had to say some ‘goodbye for now’s to my international friends. Sad to see them go but can’t wait to reunite.
- I’m the maid of honor for my sister, who’s getting married in four months! Let’s hope all those wedding blogs I obsessed over in 2010 come to good use.
- The first bullet has kept me from living as healthy as I would like. But being done with school should help me get back to a better lifestyle.
- Even after all my determination to leave Ohio, I’ll be here for a few more years. Luckily, that awesome job I landed tends to take me to different places. I think this is for the best.
All in all, I love the place I am in life right now. I’ve grown up a lot in the last year, and can’t wait to keep growing. I’m purposefully living to enjoy and to contribute. My mind has hit the refresh button and is ready to go!
The more exciting part of feeling refreshed is having the new perspective. I see things differently now than 8 months ago. I’m inspired by more real things, and less of the artificial. I’m understanding the impacts of actions and really wanting to find my place to act in good will.
Let’s keep this good life going.
Con mucho amor,
I have such an aspiration to travel, to see, to witness what’s out there. I think traveling is a common passion for people and one that is exhilarating. I’ve checked marked Mexico, Canada and Spain and have about 88 more countries to go. I hope, wherever life leads me, I can capture it through pictures like this video. It’s simply just too cool.
New Years Eve, Welcoming 2012
In 2012, I will:
- Take care of my self, body and mind.
- Be open to love, it’s okay to feel it again.
- Say hi to almost everyone.
- Invest in friendships, keep in touch.
- Be in the moment and soak it in.
- Make actions of impact.
- Focus on quality not quantity.
- Celebrate accomplishments before moving onto the next.
How are you making 2012 count?
A few days ago I came across a blog post, 60 Tiny Love Stories to Make You Smile. And to be honest, hardly any of them made me smile; they actually made me shed a few tears. Maybe I was just being a little emotional that day but honestly all these stories just struck a cord. Super adorable and let’s you believe in love (if you ever stopped). I wanted to share of few of my favorite stories with you:
- Today, I operated on a little girl. She needed O- blood. We didn’t have any, but her twin brother has O- blood. I explained to him that it was a matter of life and death. He sat quietly for a moment, and then said goodbye to his parents. I didn’t think anything of it until after we took his blood and he asked, “So when will I die?” He thought he was giving his life for hers. Thankfully, they’ll both be fine. MMT
- Today was the 10 year anniversary of my dad’s passing. When I was a kid he used to hum a short melody to me as I was going to sleep. When I was 18, as he rested in his hospital bed fighting cancer, the roles were reversed and I hummed the melody to him. I haven’t heard that melody since, until last night. My fiancé and I were turned on our sides looking at each other in bed when he started humming it to me. His mom used to hum it to him when he was a kid. MMT
- Today, my 11-year-old son speaks fluent sign language because his best friend, Josh, who he grew up with from the time he was an infant, is deaf. Seeing their genuine friendship evolve and grow over the years MMT.
- Today, as my 91-year-old grandfather (a military doctor, war hero, and successful business owner) rested in his hospital bed, I asked him what his greatest life accomplishment was. He turned around, grabbed my grandmother’s hand, looked her in the eyes, and said, “Growing old with you.” MMT
TVShow Medley – Michael Alvarado & Carissa Rae
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I miss the good ole days. What happened to all the good TV shows? Enjoy.
I love maxi skirts, period. Unfortunately, I have never found one that fit my height. I’m 5 feet 3 inches, which isn’t too short, but all my height is in my torso leaving me with the shortest legs ever.
I had given up on ever having the perfect maxi skirt outfit until I found THIS how-to post on making your very own skirt!
All you need:
- 2 yards of knit/stretchy fabric
- serger or elastic thread for your bobbin
- double needle for hemming
- 2 spools of thread to match your fabric
I can’t wait to visit my parents house next time (since I’m sans sewing machine right now) to attempt making this fabulous piece.
More pictures to come with the end result.
Click here for the complete post!